Packing clothes for a weekend is one thing. Packing for a week or more is another, it takes planning and more lists. I'm a big fan of lists. Here's a few tips to manage your clothes when you are camping:
- Pack one good outfit per person for those times when it is appropriate for you be a little less scruffy
- Make sure every item is suitable for washing in the same load of laundry, no extremes of colour.
- If you have access to a kitchen vacuum machine, vac-pac small items like socks togther in bundles of threes or fours
- Put a strip of masking tape on the outside of any plastic bags you have packed, and write the contents on the tape (you've made a label!)
- Roll jeans up and secure with low tack masking tape. Write name on it if it's not obvious who's jeans they are
- Buy washing tablets rather than bring a pack of washing powder. If they're all in one conditioner and washing powder all the better
- Bring a mesh wash bag for putting socks in, wash inside the bag and hopefully none will get lost
I would love some comments, I'm sure there are many more tips out there!